"Advance the Profession, Serve the Professional"
SHRMJC offers a supportive learning and networking environment and programs offered at different times which allow you to choose those which are most convenient.
- Professional Enrichment - Make certain your skills are laser-sharp. Hear from subject matter experts, gather with colleagues, uncover the latest in best practices and acquire real "how to" knowledge that you can put to use in the workplace immediately!
- 10 monthly presentations - Continue to develop within your career. Our monthly programs focus on legal and workplace issues that are confronting HR professionals. All programs are preapproved for either Strategic or General HRCI and SHRM certification credits.
- Attend extended educational sessions - Offered periodically, these programs provide deeper exploration, a more in-depth focus and group discussion on topics of special interest to the HR community. Additional certification credits are offered.
- "HR on Tap" Roundtables - Meet with other professionals in a casual learning environment while participating in a lively and informal exchange of thoughts. Gain new insights on tough issues. Find out how other organizations tackle the very problem you're facing. Make connections with new people. You'll come away enlightened!
- SHRM certification preparation classes - SHRM Certified Professional (CP) and Senior Certified Professional (SCP) are based on a single, comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) and are relevant worldwide, giving professionals the recognition and flexibility to use their knowledge, skills and competencies anywhere their career takes them. SHRMJC offers study groups led by experienced, certified, subject matter experts, covering each section of the SHRM BoCK, at a significantly reduced price and a resulting value savings of over $649.
- Connection Points: Building a Track Record for Success - Many of SHRMJC's leaders and members are highly credentialed, experienced HR practitioners, consultants, attorneys and professors. You will learn from them and you will learn from each other. Further, you will be able to apply what you've learned to your career right away.
- New Member Welcome Program - These continental breakfast programs introduce new members directly to the chapter's board of directors, explain the strategy and design of the organization and help you discover how to make the most out of your membership while forming immediate relationships.
- Biz Mixers - Relax and get to know other HR professionals more closely in an after-work, casual setting.
- Chapter Committees - Join one of our 12 operating committees. Work on projects with fellow professionals that will develop your critical leadership and teamwork capabilities or help you acquire the skills required to meet new challenges head on. In doing so, you'll help SHRMJC grow and become an increasingly effective resource for the HR community.
- Build a professional network of colleagues you can turn to for suggestions to some of your toughest workplace concerns.
- Meet and personally get to know local HR consultants and vendors offering quality service, expertise and solutions to the exact issues your company is facing.
- Convenient Member Services
- Career Center - Recharge your career! Is it time for a new job? Are you seeking a change in career direction? Would you like to try something that's novel? See the most current, and often exclusive, HR position offerings available throughout Johnson County and the greater Kansas City area. And, even better, connect directly with the actual recruiter or hiring manager through e-mail and direct phone numbers!
- Find a job OR find the best in HR talent for your organization - Our monthly chapter programs offer a specialized time period for job seekers AND companies with job openings to announce what they are looking for. Resume tables allow you, a job seeker, to advertise your qualifications. Hiring companies can gather resumes of talented HR individuals. Better yet, job seekers and hiring representatives can meet each other, right away, at the close of our program. There's no better way to connect or a better way to fill a job swiftly!
- Our premier, monthly E-newsletter, HRLink, presents new ideas and concepts to keep readers up to date and it helps you focus on what matters most. Packed with information about upcoming chapter events, important legislative changes and best practice tips, this publication is a must for people who want to be in the know!
- Exclusive access to the SHRMJC Membership Directory.
- Achieve Personal Success through Helping Others
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others - Participate in our stand-out program, "So You Think You Can Interview". Offered semi-annually to area job seekers and those in career transition, volunteers are always welcomed and needed to help our attendees land that next important position. Provide career counseling, resume assessment, dress critique and conduct realistic, practice interviews with job seekers.
- Make an impact through legislative advocacy - Speak to our chapter lobbyist about upcoming legislation affecting the workplace or engage lawmakers on workplace issues and other items important to employers. Act as a voice of human resources for our Johnson County business community.
- Participate by lending your time and skills to support the SHRM Foundation during our annual fundraiser. There's fun to be had and new friendships to be built!
- Join our HR Advisory Council - Comprised of Human Resources professionals who volunteer their time and knowledge by providing advice and assistance to help entrepreneurial start-up's, small business owners and not-for-profit organizations with human resources issues, this service is free of charge to recipients. It's a great and rewarding way to share your expertise.