Looking for ways to get involved? Volunteer! Opportunities vary in time commitment, interests and benefits. SHRMJC values the contribution of our members and volunteering is a great way to meet and build relationships with your HR peers.
To achieve our strategic goals, SHRMJC seeks HR professionals to serve as team leads and team members on our volunteer leadership teams. These roles provide great opportunities to network with other volunteer professionals, design and manage programs and activities for the HR community, and collaborate with the SHRMJC leadership team.
Serve on the Board or a Committee
SHRMJC is entirely managed and operated through a volunteer board of directors, committees and volunteer committee members. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a positive contribution and impact upon the chapter, without the requirement of an extended time commitment, volunteer to serve on one of our committees!
Board of Director positions and committee opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Awards and Recognition
- College Relations
- Diversity Programs
- Government and Legal Affairs
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Social Media
- Workforce Readiness
- Board of Director Positions: Require a 1-3 year commitment.
Time Commitment: A Little or a Lot
If you’re concerned about the amount of time it will take, don’t be. We welcome volunteers at every level of commitment. Whether you can be there for one event or become a team member or a team lead, we have an opportunity for you.
In addition to the opportunity to show your appreciation for the use of our resources, here are but a few of the other rewards of volunteering with SHRMJC:
- Invaluable networking opportunities
- Exposure to cutting-edge human resource practices
- Access to the SHMJC network of HR professionals
- Inclusion in a premier organization that is 300 members strong
- Receptivity to your voice and your thoughts on HR topics
- Implementation of your best HR ideas through strategic initiatives and programming
You must be a SHRMJC member to volunteer.