Certification Study Group
Establish yourself as a globally–recognized Human Resource Expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
This intensive 11-week program (open to SHRMJC members only) combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam. **Most classes follow exam preparation; however, some classes might be led by HR Professionals with valuable knowledge that can help you in your career today!
The curriculum provided in the SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the course of the program, HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Our study group has some of the highest pass rates and offers a great value!
Who Is Eligible For SHRM Certification? Click Here
Recertification Resources and Information:
SHRM Recertification Requirements Handbook - Click Here
SHRM Recertification - Click Here
Click on the SHRM recertification portal above: recertify, track your PDCs, and more.
Recertification: New Policy Changes Effective August 1, 2019
"I am excited to announce the following policy updates to the recertification process. These changes will provide you with more flexibility and add more value to the professional development credits you earn throughout your recertification cycle.
Our goal is to simplify the processes while increasing options for programs that count toward recertification. We are proud to provide the best in class HR credential and will continue to expand our professional development program to serve HR professionals around the globe. "
Alexander Alonso, SHRM-SCP
Chief Knowledge Officer
New Policy Changes:
Earn PDCs During the Grace Period
Effective August 1, 2019, SHRM Certification holders who are working toward recertification can earn PDCs for activities they participate in through their grace period (the 60-day period between their certification end date and expiration date).
The Benefit of this Change
Allows more time to add activities to your account.
- Any PDCs earned during this period may be applied toward the recertification requirement.
- There is no maximum on the amount of PDCs you can earn during this period except in the areas with PDC limits (i.e., Advance Your Organization category - 20 PDC limit and the Advance Your Profession category - 30 PDC limit.)
Since this activity is taking place after the regular recertification cycle, a $50 late fee (in addition to the recertification application fee) to recertify will apply.
Immediately Begin Earning PDCs for the New Recertification Cycle
When You Recertify Early
Effective August 1, 2019, the new recertification cycle for SHRM Certification holders who recertify early will begin the NEXT DAY after they recertify. Their end date will continue to be on the last day of their birth month.
Benefit of This Change
- Allows you to begin earning PDCs in your new cycle right away!
- If you recertify early you may have more than 3 years in your new cycle.
If your recertification end date is July 31, 2019 (last day of your birth month) and you recertify on May 15, 2019 your new cycle will begin on May 16, 2019, 12:00 AM and your end date will be July 31, 2022 (the last day of your birth month 3 years later).
Carry Over a Maximum of 20 Credits to the Next Recertification Cycle
Effective August 1, 2019, SHRM Certification holders who recertify with more than 60 PDCs in their account will be able to carry over up to 20 credits to their new cycle.
Benefit of This Change
- Allows you the opportunity to get credit for up to 20 excess credits in your new cycle.
- You must have completed the recertification process (achieved recertification) with more than 60 credits to carry over the excess.
- Maximum carry over is 20 credits per recertification cycle.
- Carry-over credits will be auto uploaded into your certification portal and will appear as an activity in the Advance Your Education category.
- Auto upload will appear in your certification portal at the end of the month following recertification.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST CERTIFIED PROFESSIONALS!
Congratulations to those from the 2019 Spring Study Group who passed and obtained certifications!
- Tausha Hammett - SHRM-CP
- Anna Robinson - SHRM-SCP
- Chelsea Romaldini - SHRM-CP
- Sarah Napolitano - SHRM-CP
Congratulations to the 2018 Spring SHRM certification study group participants! They are:
- Danielle Bias - SHRM-CP
- Sam Carr - SHRM-SCP
- Tammy Clemmons - SHRM-CP
- Cassandra Harmon - SHRM-CP
- Carrie Sahrmann - SHRM-CP
- Grace Volksy - SHRM-CP
Congratulations to the 2018 Fall SHRM certification study group participants! They are:
- April Beretta – SHRM-CP
- Laurie Coleman - SHRM-SCP
- Katherine Groner - SHRM-CP
- Wanda Jackson - SHRM - SCP
- Hillary Melvin – SHRM-SCP
- Whitney Moore - SHRM - SCP
- Wendy Neal – SHRM-SCP
- Jessica Robinson – SHRM-CP
Congratulations to the participants of the Spring 2017 study group who passed the certification exam. They are:
- Linda Giffen, Basys Processing
- JoAnn Nowatzke, Franklin County
- Audrey Brethouwer, City of Lenexa
Congratulations to the participants of the Fall 2017 study group who passed the certification exam. They are:
- Julie Stockwood, Baron Auto Group
- Gloria Rice, Allied Staffing