The SHRM Foundation was founded in 1966 as a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors from the HR profession, including academics, practitioners and representatives from SHRM.
The Foundation funds research, publications and education to advance the HR profession and enhance the effectiveness of HR professionals. With an annual budget of approximately $1 million, it funds major research projects that have a direct and practical impact in advancing the HR profession. To support this important work, the SHRM Foundation conducts fundraising campaigns throughout the year to raise awareness and funds to support important SHRM Foundation programs such as innovative academic research, scholarships, educational programs, and practitioner resources. *All contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible.
SHRM Foundation Mission Statement & Strategic Objectives:
The SHRM Foundation maximizes the impact of the HR profession on organizational decision-making and performance by promoting innovation, education, research, and the use of research-based knowledge. The SHRM Foundation will:
- Be a preeminent broker/source of valued research knowledge.
- Broaden the understanding and application of research-based knowledge and techniques to the HR professional.
- Make research-based knowledge accessible and actionable for the HR profession.
- Develop and nurture funding sources for the Foundation's work.
SHRMJC supports the Foundation through:
- Building awareness of the SHRM Foundation.
- Encouraging its members to give during fundraising campaigns.
- Supporting the Foundation by providing prizes at the SHRM State Conference.
- Providing financial support to the Foundation on an annual basis.
What's in it for me as an HR Professional?
As an HR Professional, it is critical that you stay current with the HR Profession. Here are a few ways that the SHRM Foundation helps you by:
- Awarding several Grants, Scholarships and Awards to promote you in the HR Profession.
- Compiles an on-line directory of undergraduate and graduate programs in HR Management.
- Providing results from research (see below)
Be sure to check out the SHRM Foundation website at www.shrm.org/foundation/ for more information!