If you are a human resources professional who enjoys meeting and connecting with other HR practitioners and you would like to enhance your human resources knowledge, deepen and broaden your skills and keep up-to-date about issues relevant to our changing industry, then SHRMJC membership is definitely for you. Become a member of SHRMJC.
HR Practitioner Membership
Individuals applying for the HR Practitioner membership should be closely engaged in the profession of human resource management and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Is currently employed in the field of human resource management.
- Performs at least 50% of his/her duties in professional human resource management work or, is 100% accountable for the human resource functions within his/her organization.
- Is an educator and faculty member, in the study and instruction of human resource management, at an accredited college or university.
- Was previously employed in the field of human resource management and, is presently seeking employment in the field.
HR Practitioners are strongly encouraged to hold active membership in the national Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). However, membership in SHRM is not a requirement of membership at the HR Practitioner level. HR Practitioners have full voting rights and are eligible to hold office in SHRMJC.
HR PRACTITIONER DUES:
SHRM NATINAL MEMBER - $75 ANNUAL
NON-SHRM NATIONAL MEMBER - $100 ANNUAL
As a condition of membership in SHRMJC, Consultants must be an active SHRM National Member prior to joining SHRMJC to demonstrate ongoing commitment to the human resource management profession. Consultants have full voting rights and are eligible to hold office in SHRMJC.
Individuals applying for Consultant membership should be closely engaged in the profession of human resource management and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Is a professional human resource consultant who designs and implements human resources programs, performs human resources services on behalf of client organizations and/or advises clients on matters relating to the practice of human resource management and accompanying areas of expertise.
- Is an attorney who counsels and advises clients on matters relating to the practice of human resource management and accompanying areas of expertise.
- Is a professional representative or supplier of product and/or services which support and are utilized by the human resources profession.
CONSULTANT MEMBER DUES - $75 ANNUAL
Individuals applying for Student membership must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be actively enrolled, on a full-time basis, as a degree-seeking candidate in a human resources-related undergraduate curriculum (12 or more credit hours per semester) OR a graduate curriculum (6 or more credit hours per semester) at an accredited university or college that does not have a national SHRM Student chapter.
- Must not be employed in a human resources position OR must not be working on a full-time basis in a human resources position.
- Must not be eligible for membership in a SHRMJC HR Practitioner, Consultant or Lifetime Member category.
Student members have full voting rights but are not eligible to hold office in SHRMJC.
STUDENT MEMBER DUES - $10 ANNUAL