The Marketing & PR committee promotes the chapter by obtaining Annual Business Partners and sponsors for monthly meetings and publicizing chapter meetings,events and programs to the general public and HR community.
Committee Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide news releases to the media and serve as the primary contact for the news media for human resource issues and events; place ads in the Business Journal and other media.
- Acquire and maintain relationships with Annual Business Partners; coordinate the communication and receipt of all sponsor benefits throughout the year.
- Identify and secure monthly meeting sponsors via email, social media, or phone; coordinate the communication and receipt of all sponsor benefits leading up to and during the meeting/event.
- Acquire newsletter advertisements and E-blast advertisements from Johnson County businesses.
- Promote the Career Center, Salary Survey and other SHRMJC programs to the community.
Any time you are available to volunteer is appreciated - the time commitment is typically 30 minutes a week or less. If you are an enthusiastic communicator interested in helping us promote the HR profession, please reach out to our Director of Marketing & PR to learn more.
You must be a SHRMJC member to volunteer.
To join a committee, CLICK HERE to complete our Volunteer Form.