Welcome to a Membership That Gives You More!
There is no better way to establish credibility, earn professional recognition and network with colleagues than through membership in SHRM of Johnson County (SHRMJC). All Members of SHRMJC receive the following membership benefits:
Monthly Member Programs
SHRMJC offers monthly programs featuring time to network followed by a meal and an educational program. We design our programs to advance the capabilities of our practitioners so that they become more effective partners in developing and executing organizational strategy.
- All of the sessions are SHRM and HRCI certified.
- Job seekers and companies with job openings to announce what they are looking for.
- Resume tables allow you, a job seeker, to advertise your qualifications.
- Up-to-date Calendar of Events listed on the SHRMJC website.
We offer opportunities to increase your HR knowledge-base through monthly meetings, events, workshops, webinars, roundtables and conferences covering a myriad of topics touching the world of human resources.
- SHRM and HRCI credit hours for attending SHRMJC programs and webinars.
- Certification study groups led by experienced, certified, subject matter experts, covering each section of the SHRM BoCK, at a significantly reduced price.
- Opportunities to expand your leadership skills and competence through volunteering.
- Kansas SHRM supported events taking place in Johnson County and the surrounding area.
- Professional opportunities and resume posting available on our Career Center.
- Networking opportunities with other HR professionals in Johnson county.
Meet your peers and form professional relationships throughout the Johnson County community by attending any of our events or volunteer opportunities. Networking opportunities include:
- Connection to the Johnson County network, featuring over 300 HR professionals.
- Events for learning and sharing best practices, discussing hot HR issues, and making employment contacts.
- New Member Breakfast that provides an overview of SHRMJC and helps build your professional network.
- Access to our online member directory of HR professionals.
Certification Study Groups
SHRMJC offers Certification Study Groups led by experienced, certified, subject matter experts, covering each section of the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Our Certification Study Group offers:
- Course offered at a significantly reduced price, resulting value savings of over $649.
- Designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
HR Legislation Updates
As an HR professional, your voice provides a unique perspective that members of the Kansas House of Representatives and Senate may not have considered.
- By joining forces with other HR professionals, you can directly affect the outcome of pending legislation and regulations.
- SHRMJC provides access to weekly Kansas Legislative reports and provides you with monthly legislative updates.
Enjoy events, programs and services for free or at a discount. The financial benefits of membership are:
Find current chapter information, upcoming workshops, HR industry news, HR job openings, scholarship opportunities, links to legislative and SHRM resources, and SHRMJC social media platforms. HR News and Information include:
- Weekly Update: An e-bulletin announcing upcoming SHRMJC events and HR Jobs.
- Monthly HR Link newsletter.
- Access to the SHRMJC membership-only directory.
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities for your company or organization.
- Discounted HR job postings on the SHRMJC Career Center.
Volunteer Service and Leadership Opportunities
Develop leadership, managerial, public speaking and group decision-making skills, and achieve continuous learning among HR Professionals. Consider joining one of our volunteer committee groups to collaborate with others. You can attend and/or help build programs for one of our twelve groups.
- Diverse volunteer opportunities on committees and projects, allowing you to broaden your experience and skills, as well as knowledge of the HR profession and your place in it.
- Opportunities to stretch your leadership abilities and lead a project and/or team.
- Recognition programs for volunteer service, including potential for awards.