The Membership Committee focuses on member recruitment and retention and member engagement. These efforts are led by the SHRMJC Directof of Membership.
Can I volunteer to be on the Membership Committee?
Yes! There are many opportunities to volunteer on the membership committee. Here are just a few ways to get involved:
- Attract Members and Grow SHRMJC! Contact potential members and monitor membership email.
- Engage Members! Make welcome calls, send guidebooks, greet people at events, help them establish meaningful connections.
- Inform and Connect! Facilitate new member welcome programs, upload new communication letters, make announcements, invite and remind people about upcoming events, get contact information updates from members.
- Organize Events! Schedule venues, order/account for food and beverages, provide the communication and social media team with information on event, take print media, SHRMJC banner to meetings.
- Provide Analysis! Create quote sheets for membership renewals, run and analyze monthly reports.
- Create Winning Materials! Script membership presentations, write content for membership web pages, membership template letters and posting updates, take notes during committee meetings and distribute.
- Improve SHRMJC! Ensure membership pages are correct, edit letters, marketing materials and forms, update New Member Welcome Guide, research best practices of other SHRM organizations.
- Meeting Representative - Volunteer to arrive early at a one or more meetings held each month. At that/ those meetings, you would act as a “greeter” to members/ guest arriving. Answer any questions they might have about our organization or direct them to another person who can answer those questions.
- Guest Calls and Renewal Calls - Outreach (via phone/ email) on your own time to guest who have recently attended 1 of our meetings or to a member whose membership is expiring. Encouraging them to either join or renew their membership. Additional responsibilities would include assisting them (if needed) to complete the membership/ renewal process online (walking them through the online renewal process).
Monthly committee meetings are held the first Saturday of every month from 9:15 AM – 10:30 AM at the HyVee at 95th and Antioch. Conference call update meetings are also available to stay up-to-date on committee activities if you aren’t able to make the Saturday meeting.
If you are interested in learning more and joining the committee, contact Courtney Johnson (Director of Membership) at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
You must be a SHRMJC member to volunteer.
To join a committee, CLICK HERE to complete our Volunteer Form.