Today, as part of SHRM’s new Together Forward @Work platform, I am pleased to announce the members of our Blue Ribbon Commission on Racial Equity.
We have convened some of the best minds to help us drive accountability and action around racial equity in the workplace.
This coalition of top business executives, academics and SHRM volunteers—from both within and outside HR—will establish bold, measurable goals and accountabilities that will guide workplace leaders in creating positive workplace cultures for Black employees and other people of color.
You are on the ground making an impact in organizations around the world, but HR alone cannot provide the solutions to this issue. Rather, HR must listen to and work more closely with those committed to safe, civil and positive workplace culture.
So please join me in welcoming our founding members of the Blue Ribbon Commission on Racial Equity, including SHRM Volunteer Leaders from our State Councils, Chapters and Special Expertise Panels:
• Rosanna Durruthy, Vice President of Global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, LinkedIn
• Camille Chang Gilmore, Board Member, SHRM Foundation, and Vice President, Human Resources and Global Chief Diversity Officer, Boston Scientific
• Dr. Tom C. Hogan, SHRM-SCP, Professor of Practice in Human Resource Management, The Pennsylvania State University
• Marc A. Howze, Group President, Lifecycle Solutions and Chief Administrative Officer, Deere & Company
• Dr. Eden King, Associate Professor, Rice University
• Jason Lawson, Vice President, Human Resources, Installed Building Products (SHRM Volunteer Leader)
• Bernard J. Milano, President, KPMG Foundation and The PhD Project (Ret.), and Member, President’s Board of Advisors on HBCUs
• Michelle Nettles, Board Member, SHRM's Executive Network, HR People + Strategy, and Chief People & Culture Officer, ManpowerGroup
• Dr. Steve L. Robbins, Founder, S.L. Robbins and Associates
• Trisha Zulic, SHRM-SCP, Director, Human Resources, Business Ops and Strategy, WSA Distributing, Inc. (SHRM Volunteer Leader)
• Dr. Alex Alonso, SHRM-CP, Chief Knowledge Officer, SHRM
• Melissa H. Anderson, SHRM Board Chair Designate and Executive Vice President, Administration and Chief Human Resources Officer, Duke Energy (former)
• Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, President & Chief Executive Officer of SHRM
With this esteemed group of leaders, we know that driving real actions and solutions to advance workplace racial equity is possible. As part of their work together, they will identify and scale programs that have been shown to successfully address pipeline, recruitment, and retention in diverse workplaces.
Never before has SHRM unleashed such a bold platform for workplace change. And we need each one of you to become a part of it. If you are interested in receiving ongoing updates on Together Forward @Work and the Commission, please sign up on the website.
Johnny C. Taylor Jr.
President and Chief Executive Officer