Serve on the Board or a Committee
SHRMJC is entirely managed and operated through a volunteer board of directors, committees and volunteer committee members. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a positive contribution and impact upon the chapter, without the requirement of an extended time commitment, volunteer to serve on one of our committees!
CLICK ON the committee you are interested in below:
Time Commitment: A Little or a Lot
If you’re concerned about the amount of time it will take, don’t be. We welcome volunteers at every level of commitment. Whether you can be there for one event or become a team member or a team lead, we have an opportunity for you.
In addition to the opportunity to show your appreciation for the use of our resources, here are but a few of the other rewards of volunteering with SHRMJC:
- Invaluable networking opportunities
- Exposure to cutting-edge human resource practices
- Access to the SHMJC network of HR professionals
- Inclusion in a premier organization that is 300 members strong
- Receptivity to your voice and your thoughts on HR topics
- Implementation of your best HR ideas through strategic initiatives and programming
- Receive up to 3 hours of certification (SHRM/HRCI) credit per year on the board.
- Members who meet the following criteria will receive half off membership dues the following year:
- Hold position for the full 12 months
- Must attend at least 10 board meetings
- Must attend at least 5 chapter meetings
- Quarterly recognition for committee volunteers who meet their committee obligations during the quarter.
- Receive $10 off meeting registration to be used only in the immediately following quarter.
- SHRMJC will send an email to volunteer’s boss thanking them for their support.
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Award for Committee Volunteers who will be nominated by SHRMJC Directors.
- Awarded in December along with the HR Professional of Year Award.
You must be a SHRMJC member to participate: